What a year 2014 has been my friends! Where did the time go?
Between the blog, my furniture booth, and all of my custom pieces, I feel like I was a busy girl. Looking back, I did crank-out a whole lot of furniture pieces over the year.
I thought today I would look back over my top ten projects of the year!
1. My Turquoise, Chalkpainted Dining Set was my most popular post of the year. This set was one that I couldn’t give up, and it currently resides in my kitchen. The bright, cheerful color makes me happy everyday.
2. My Tube TV Turned Doghouse. The ugly brown tube TV that I got for free at a yard sale did not thrill my hubby when I brought it home. With a little paint, it did turn out pretty cute … and Charlie was a big fan.
3. Plaster Painted China Hutch. This was my largest project to date. It was such a transformation, and I had a hard time selling this one.
4. Plaster Painted Vintage Chair. I was a little hesitant using that bold of a color, but in the end I knew it was just right.
5. Chalkpainted Vintage Buffet. This was a makeover for my brother and sister-in-law. It went from boring and brown to classy and elegant.
6. French Stenciled Cabinet. This was one of the most plain, boring pieces that I had come across all year. It was so plain I almost threw it away. After a lot of work, I was thrilled with the results.
7. Decoupaged Funky Desk Makeover. I decided to step out of the box on this makeover as you can see. I was wanting something playful and fun, and I was excited at how it turned out.
8. Two Toned, Plaster Painted Dresser Makeover. I loved all of the pretty curved lines on this mammoth dresser. I knew instantly that two toned was the way to go on this piece.
9. Milkpainted Antique End Table. This tiny little piece turned out to be one of my favorites. This was another one that I couldn’t part with, and it sits right beside my couch.
10. Vintage Chic Wedding Shower. This was a fun job that I did for Shutterfly. Between the rain, the ants, and the heat, it did get a bit chaotic, but it turned out in the end.
Thanks for coming by and checking out my top ten!
Make sure you head down and visit the other lovely ladies on the tour!
Check out all these amazing Top Ten Posts:
Domestically Speaking / Cupcakes and Crinoline / Yesterday on Tuesday / Sand & Sisal / Setting for Four / Refresh Restyle / Inspiration for Moms / At Home with the Barkers / Debbiedoo’s / Artsy Chicks Rule / On Sutton Place / Our Southern Home / Fox Hollow Cottage / My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia / Confessions of a Serial Do-It- /Yourselfer / Clean and Scentsible / Town and Country Living / Sew a Fine Seam
Make sure you come back tomorrow for the Top 10 Party where you can share your top ten post!
Parties I Link to:
Cedar Hill Ranch – Common Ground – Cupcakes and Crinoline – Debbiedoo’s – Design, Dining + Diapers – DIY by Design – DIY Showoff – Domestically Speaking – Elizabeth & Co. – Fluster Buster –French Country Cottage – Funky Junk Interiors – The Girl Creative: Project Inspire – Home Stories A2Z – Liz Marie Blog – Miss Mustard Seed – My Uncommon Slice of Surburbia – Redoux Interiors – Savvy Southern Style – The Shabby Nest – Smart School House – Tatertots & Jello – Uncommon Designs
I love all your color choices and I don’t know if I could part with any of them!! Love your work, you have been very busy!! Great round-up!
Happy New Year,
Thanks Debbie! Happy New Year to you too!
Jill Flory says
Oh I love furniture makeovers! That dog bed is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen!
Thank you so much! Have a Happy New Year!
Christy@Confessions of a Serial Do-it-Yourselfer says
I love how fearless you are with color! That pink chair is SO fabulous! You were a busy girl for sure…can’t wait to see what this year brings. Happy new year, my friend! XO
UM I REALLY want that turquoise dining room set. It’s gorgeous! Fun hopping with you… wishing you a wonderful 2015!
Happy New Year to you too!
Christy @ Our Southern Home says
Wow what a creative year you had! That wedding shower was gorgeous. I absolutely love that aqua and stained dresser. What a pleasing combination. Here’s to an amazing 2015! XXOO
What a wonderful year you had, i love how everything is colorful and happy! XO Kristin
Thank you so much Kristin! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Nancy @ Artsy Chicks Rule says
They’re all so great Shanna….but that turquoise dining set is my favorite!!! (no surprise, right? 😉 )
Happy New Year friend!
Maryann @ Domestically Speaking says
Paint, paint, paint = love, love, love! Happy New Year… Happy Painting in 2015!
Happy New Year to you and your family too Maryann!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista says
Shanna I love your fearless use of bold colors – your furniture makeovers are gorgeous. Every time I see an old tv cabinet I think of you and that amazing pet bed you created. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us in 2015. Wishing you a Happy, Healthy, Creative New Year!
Awww! Thank you so much Marie! Happy New Year to you and your family!
Amy @ StowandTellU says
Wow, Shanna, you were really busy and you rocked the painted furniture this year. I have a few favorites, okay, all of them, but I’m just so glad that you are keeping that stunning dining set for yourself. Happy New Year and I can’t wait to see what you’ve got for us in 2015!!
Thank you my dear! I can’t wait to see what you’ve got coming too! Happy New Year my friend!
Donna Bunten says
I love all the projects in these pictures. Instead of having to download and print them, I would love to see them all in a book with how to’s.