I’m Shanna. I’m a wife, a stay at home mom of 3 dogs, and a teenage daughter.
I’m a Kansas girl who quit my job when the stress and not seeing my family because too much. After years of working on projects for my own house, I began doing custom work for friends and family. Word spread, and I had an overnight furniture business. My blog began simply to show before and after shots of my furniture pieces to clients, and I realized I could make a career out of it.
I’m a lover of yard sales, decorating, DIY and great deals. I believe decorating doesn’t require a lot of money … just a lot of creativity.
I’m far from a DIY expert, but hopefully in this blog you can learn from some triumphs, and mistakes, and have a little fun along the way.
Weird Quirky Things About Me
1. I hate spoons. I will avoid them at all costs and only use them when I eat soup or cereal. I even eat ice cream with a fork.
2. I have crazy curly hair. In the picture above that is after they have been tamed with a curling iron. Humidity is not my friend.
3. I hate all green foods. Yes I know I’m an adult and I should get over it but I can’t all green foods taste like dirt. The only way greens pass these lips is in a smoothie drown out by yummy fruits.
4. My hubby’s actual name is Chris but I call him Topher. My dad’s name is also Chris and it’s just too creepy having your hubby and your dad have the same name.
5. I’m super afraid of heights and am claustrophobic. Topher and I toured a cave once where we had to go down “the domino” staircase (where one person slips and we all go down) and had to ride a trolley to get out that went completely vertical. That is where I lost it and I’m pretty sure Topher thought about leaving me there.
7. I am a complete insomniac. If you’re ever up at 3 am and need someone to talk to, I’m your girl.
8. I love soup year round. 100 degrees out and I’m making chicken noodle soup.
9. I hate winter.
10. I am obsessed with all things blue but especially aqua.
11. I could eat my weight in Ben & Jerry’s Milk and Cookies ice cream.
12. I detest coffee which is good because I am a jittery mess if I have more than a quarter of a can of Pepsi.
13. I have the adverse reaction to sleeping pills. Doctors have tried giving me horse tranquilizers and I didn’t sleep for 3 days.
14. I love the beach but can’t be in the sun longer than 20 minutes without burning.
15. I threw up every single day of my pregnancy.
16. I only have one child. She goes by “the unnamed child” hence I don’t embarrass her on my blog.
17. I grew up in a small town 30 minutes away from where I live now in Kansas.
18. I eat everything plain. Condiments like ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise are the devil.
19. I could go vintage shopping for days. Topher couldn’t.
20. I listen to Christmas music all day everyday from Thanksgiving day to Christmas Day.
21. I only eat the tips of my french fries since I only really like the crispy parts. Why waste the calories on the parts you don’t like?
22. I don’t like to eat any kind of meat that is served on the bone. I am a total animal lover, and if I didn’t despise vegetables I would become a vegetarian in a minute. Eating anything like ribs or buffalo wings creeps me out since I fixate on this covered in skin and fur/feathers. Yes I know that boneless chicken breasts used to have bones in them. but if I don’t see them, I can trick myself into thinking this thing on my plate wasn’t walking around on a farm a week ago. For me, my meat is grown under the plastic wrapper in the back of the grocery store.
23. I love, love, love comfy jammies and robes. I have tons of them. For Christmas: jammies. My birthday: jammies. Valentine’s Day: jammies. All comfy. All super soft.
24. I only eat green and clear colored gummy bears. With skittles it’s the red, purple and green. I’m just not a fan of orange or yellow anything.
25. 90% of the clothes that I own are covered in paint. In fact my favorite pair of painting pants actually crunch when I move because of so much paint crusted on them. Hazards of being a DIY blogger.