Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope you all had a good weekend.
It was beautiful here on Saturday, sunny and warm (but not hot). We had four teenage girls come over for a little pool time, a cook-out, and to stay the night — and as you can image, Topher and I got very little sleep as they screamed through their horror movies.
Sunday it rained all day, so I painted and finally finished a piece for my very own house!
If you’ve been following the blog for a while, you will know that since I’m always working on furniture pieces for clients, I never have time for pieces for my own home.
Well … take cover since pigs must be flying because this sucker is done!
Here is the before pic:
(Yes, as usual, I forgot to take the pic until the top was already painted.)
I have been wanting to do a Union Jack piece for awhile now, and I was a little intimidated with all of the measuring and taping. I finally realized that’s what husbands are for, and off we went.
I did two coats of ivory paint first (I wanted to light base-color to peak through after distressing). Next, I painted the entire top with the tan color.
Then, the first layer of taping began, and I added on the ivory triangles.
Then the last layer of tape followed with the aqua stripes.
Once it dried and the tape was removed, there was a little of touching-up to be done where the paint leaked through.
After that was completed I started with the distressing, followed with a two coats of clear wax since I knew this piece would get heavy use down in my basement.
Union Jack Table
I have another fun post for you tomorrow. It’s a gift to go in my new niece’s nursery!