Happy Monday everyone!!!
I’m so glad you came by! I have a pretty 3-Tiered Flower Wreath to show you!
I hope you all had some fun Super Bowl parties yesterday! I had a massive amount of work left on the big project I have for you tomorrow, and after having no sleep and working every second of the day for two days, I was way too tired to go anywhere.
I was working in some Cirque du soleil-ish positions, and my neck and back are so angry. I would have been more than excited to heat up a frozen pizza and have gone to bed at 6:00 last night, but the unnamed child said that would have been “a sucky way to spend the Super Bowl”, so she talked me into making some high calorie (but really good tasting) food. I made a Doritos Chicken Casserole, a white pizza cheese dip, and a chocolate chip cookie pie — all of which were pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
So after I get my hair colored today, I will be heading back to the gym to work off the 2 lbs of cheese I ate.
You probably know how so many of my craft projects contain mostly items from Dollar Tree. Craft projects can really add up, and I find I can get the most bang for my buck at Dollar Tree … and today’s project is a perfect example.
Here is what you will need:
Three different colors of artificial flowers (mine came from Dollar Tree)
- 1 metal container (Dollar Tree)
- A styrofoam floral holder? (I have no idea what the real name of this is, but it came from Dollar Tree)
- A roll of ribbon
- A can of spray paint (but only if you’re over 18 apparently — thanks for carding me)
- A decorative stamp, and
- An ink pad
First start off by spray painting your metal container. I sprayed mine a flat white.
Once that is dry, take your stamp, dip it in ink and press it onto your container. You might want to practice on paper first to get the hang of it.
Next I had to take a kitchen knife and carve off the corners of my “floral block”, so that it would fit into my metal container.
I then started inserting my flowers in rows. I inserted the back row and left them their original height. The next row down, I cut off two inches of the stems so that they would be shorter. With the front row, I cut off three inches.
I then had Topher drill a hole on each side of the can. Through the holes, I ran a ribbon through each side and tied it at the top. I then made a large bow and attached it to the ribbon with a pipe cleaner.
That was it!
I didn’t use a stamp that was too Valentine-ish, so that I would be able to use it year-round — although it is pretty perfect for V-day.
Make sure you come back tomorrow to see one of my biggest projects yet!